No item in cart
Top Tips on Coping with GATE Exam Anxiety
“Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.”
~ Sam Levenson
Infuse your life with action. Don’t just wait for things to happen to you, go ahead and make things happen. When you are driven by ambition and all you see is your objective; your anxiety and stress just wither away. Follow these guidelines to stay motivated all the way to the GATE exam.
7 Ways to De-Stress Before GATE the Exam
Here are some useful tips of coping with anxiety in a way that allows you to perform at your best during the GATE exam:
- Strategize and start preparing early: Begin by assessing your current proficiency. Based on your score, divide the syllabus according to your strengths and weaknesses. Refine your strengths to a degree that you are sure to perform well in those areas. On the other hand, consider professional coaching to improve your score in the areas that need some work. Start preparations early to reduce last moment anxiety.
- Time management: Schedule your time well so that you have ample time in hand not only for the preparation, but also for ample practice and relaxation before the actual assessment.
- Physical and mental fitness: Take out time, like a 30 minute workout session in the form of dance, yoga or outdoor sports, and supplement this practice with a healthy and balanced diet. Make sure you take time out each day to do something you enjoy.
- Practice: The GATE exam is all about comprehending and applying the concepts of your subject of choice. So, the more you practice, the better you will be at applying concepts.
- Appear for mock sessions: Keep assessing your performance for a fair idea of where your efforts are leading you and when you need to re-strategize to achieve your objective.
- Relaxation techniques: If exam fear is haunting you a few weeks before you GATE exam, follow these relaxation techniques:
- Practice breathing exercises and meditation.
- Listen to positive and motivational music.
- Pen down all your worries and also your dreams and expectations.
- Practice thought switching: Be conscious of whatever runs through your mind, so that you can identify negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones.
- Visualize success: Your mental picture of yourself will become your life! Your thoughts will become things! This was stated by a very powerful book, The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne. Imagine yourself to be an achiever and visualize your desired score in your GATE exam and this positive thought will channelize your action to turn your dreams into reality.
As Walt Disney once said, “If you can dream it, you can achieve it!” So, learn to believe in yourself and stay focused. Refrain from negative people and situations.
E Lectures helped me a lot in making a head start in the right direction. It helped whenever I got stuck in any topic. Mock Tests across 50 centers helped me judge my progress both on individual and comparative basis.
In one year’s time, I was able to prepare for GATE exam with the help of THE GATE ACADEMY and faculties. GATE Focused study materials and online mock tests helped me know my strengthen & weakness to prepare accordingly. I wish all the best to all GATE aspirants and suggest them to go through GATE coaching in case the basics are not clear.
I am Praveen. I got AIR 1 in Instrumentation stream. I want to dedicate this to my parents and to the Gate Academy faculty. Gate Academy coaching helped me tremendously to update myself continuously.I was very impressed with the way they taught each topic in different sessions with separate material for each session.
To begin with, it gives me immense pleasure to Thank,Thank the institute THE GATE ACADEMY for all their help and support.Its a place to learn, explore, grow and succeed.Well it helps you brush-up your engineering knowledge and learn new things and clears your concept in such great details
THE GATE Academy questions covered a wide variety of topics and were similar to GATE paper standard. The online platform replicated the actual GATE test environment and the detailed and video solutions were sufficient to clear all doubts regarding the question. Thanks to THE GATE Academy team to provide such wonderful tests & platform.
I took up mechanical coaching at THE GATE ACADEMY as there is no separate coaching for Engineering Sciences in India and Mechanical and Engineering sciences have more or less common topics.I feared that cracking GATE would be very difficult because I started my preparations very late but the counsellors and teachers guided me
GATE Success Story
- Our students get all India rank 1, 1, 1, 1, 4 and 4
- More than 142 students in top 100.