No item in cart
Things to Know About 2014 GATE Eligibility
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India competitive examination, administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
If you are planning to appear for GATE 2014, you should first know certain things about the GATE exam and GATE eligibility. The examination primarily aims to test an applicant’s knowledge of the basics. While the exam is of 100 marks, the final score does not depend only on the marks obtained in the exam. When calculating the final score, the board takes into account several other factors, such as marks obtained by you in that particular paper throughout graduation and/or post-graduation, and average marks of top 10 or top 0.1 percent candidates in that paper in GATE. In this post, we will take a closer look at the Gate eligibility criteria for 2014.
GATE Eligibility for 2014
The following categories of candidates can appear for the GATE 2014 exam.
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch – Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post-Diploma) are eligible. Those who are in the 4th year of these exams can also apply.
- MSc./M.A./MCA equivalent – Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes also meet GATE eligibility.
- Int. M.E./M.Tech or DD (after 10+2 or Diploma) – Those who have completed Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme) are eligible. Final year students of these programs can also apply for GATE 2014.
- Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post BSc) – Candidates who have completed Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year programme), and those who are in the 2nd/3rd/4th year of these programs are eligible for the exam. These candidates must complete the program by 2015.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch) – Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (For example, AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech can apply for GATE 2014 as well. Even those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses can are also eligible.
However, pre-final year students and diploma holders in engineering are not eligible to appear for GATE 2014.
I took up mechanical coaching at THE GATE ACADEMY as there is no separate coaching for Engineering Sciences in India and Mechanical and Engineering sciences have more or less common topics.I feared that cracking GATE would be very difficult because I started my preparations very late but the counsellors and teachers guided me
E Lectures helped me a lot in making a head start in the right direction. It helped whenever I got stuck in any topic. Mock Tests across 50 centers helped me judge my progress both on individual and comparative basis.
THE GATE Academy questions covered a wide variety of topics and were similar to GATE paper standard. The online platform replicated the actual GATE test environment and the detailed and video solutions were sufficient to clear all doubts regarding the question. Thanks to THE GATE Academy team to provide such wonderful tests & platform.
To begin with, it gives me immense pleasure to Thank,Thank the institute THE GATE ACADEMY for all their help and support.Its a place to learn, explore, grow and succeed.Well it helps you brush-up your engineering knowledge and learn new things and clears your concept in such great details
I am Praveen. I got AIR 1 in Instrumentation stream. I want to dedicate this to my parents and to the Gate Academy faculty. Gate Academy coaching helped me tremendously to update myself continuously.I was very impressed with the way they taught each topic in different sessions with separate material for each session.
In one year’s time, I was able to prepare for GATE exam with the help of THE GATE ACADEMY and faculties. GATE Focused study materials and online mock tests helped me know my strengthen & weakness to prepare accordingly. I wish all the best to all GATE aspirants and suggest them to go through GATE coaching in case the basics are not clear.
GATE Success Story
- Our students get all India rank 1, 1, 1, 1, 4 and 4
- More than 142 students in top 100.