No item in cart
PGCIL – Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,31,728 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 213 Sub-stations (as on 31.07.2016) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 36,563 kms of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 595 locations and intra-city network in 105 cities across India.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 21,352 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 6,014 Crore (FY: 2015 – 16).
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science.
a) Valid Score in the GATE 2017
- Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2017 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2017 Organizing Body.
b) Upper Age Limit
- 28 years as on 31.12.2016
c) Essential Qualification
|Course||Discipline||Percentage of Marks|
|Full Time B.E./
|(Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems
on / Electronics
Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2017 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION/ APPLICATION
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2017.
- For details on GATE -2017, please visit http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
- A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 10th Feb 2017.
- Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15th Feb 2017 to 15th March 2017. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2017 Application No., GATE 2017 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2017 Admit card and GATE 2017 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
|GATE 2017||Commencement of Online submission of GATE Application||1st Sept 2016|
|Last date of Online submission of GATE Application||4th October 2016|
|POWERGRID||Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID||15th Feb 2017|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||15th March 2017|