No item in cart
BHEL Recruitment Through GATE 2017
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) was incorporated in 1964 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956. BHEL, a Schedule- “A” Maharatna CPSE, is today the largest engineering enterprise of its kind in India. BHEL caters to the needs of core sectors like Power, Transmission, Industry, Transportation (including Railways), Defence, Water and various industries like Petrochemicals, Petroleum, Steel, Cement, Fertilizers etc. It has 17 Manufacturing plants, 8 Service centers and 4 Power Sector regional centers besides a large number of regional offices and project sites spread all over India. The company has its footprint in more than 70 countries all over the world and has achieved a net turnover of Rs26,587 Crores in 2015-16. BHEL offers a challenging and rewarding career to young and dynamic graduates in the disciplines of
Mechanical and ElectricalEngineering to contribute towards Nation building in the fields of Power, Industry, Transmission, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, Defence & Water.
Position – Engineer Trainee
Mechanical – 30* No.s
Electrical – 20* Nos.
Total – 50* Nos.
The number of vacancies indicated above is tentative and actual requirement may vary based on further assessment. The category wise reservation will be as per govt. guidelines issued in this regard. The above requirement is for BHEL’s project sites and Manufacturing units spread across the country.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for the Engineer Trainee position is a two stage process:
A) Applying for Gate – 2017 Examination – Application process underway.
B) Applying to BHEL – Application window opens on 9th January, 2017.
- Candidates who wish to apply for the position of Engineer Trainee in BHEL will be required to take the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – 2017 (GATE-2017).
- Candidates will then have to separately apply on-line to BHEL for which BHEL recruitment website http://careers.bhel.in/ will be activated from 9thJanuary, 2017 to 3rdFebruary, 2017.
- In BHEL‟s on-line application, candidates will have to furnish their GATE-2017 Registration Numberwhich will be available on GATE-2017 Admit Card.
A) APPLYING FOR GATE-2017 Examination
- For detailed information on GATE- 2017 and on-line submission of application for GATE- 2017, interested candidates may log on to: http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
- Candidates should fill-in and submit the GATE-2017 application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE-2017 Registration number.
- For the vacancies in the disciplines of Mechanical&ElectricalEngineering advertised by BHEL, the GATE-2017 exam is scheduled on4 th& 5thFebruary 2017 and 11th& 12th February, 2017. However, candidates are advised to visit GATE-2017 website for any changes. BHEL has no role in case of any changes in GATE-2017 schedules.
- Candidates who wish to apply for BHEL Engineer Trainee position should choose their GATE-2017 exam paper code “ME” for Mechanical and equivalent disciplines &“EE” for Electrical and equivalent disciplines.Candidates taking GATE – 2017 exam in codes other than “ME” or “EE”, will not be considered.
- BHEL will not be in a position to process applications, where the GATE-2017 Registration Number is missing/ invalid/ or wrongly entered in BHEL Application form.
B) APPLYING FOR BHEL
- Detailed Instructions to Candidates regarding the application process to BHEL shall be hosted on our recruitment the website http://www.careers.bhel.in/ from 9 th January, 2017 onwards, i.e the starting date for online applications to BHEL.
- Only those candidates who have applied for appearing in GATE-2017 in the relevant Engineering discipline as advertised by BHEL will be eligible to apply.
|For GATE 2017* – As per GATE-2017 Notification|
|On-line submission of applications commences||1st September, 2016|
|Closing of On-line Submission of application||4th October, 2016|
|For BHEL Engineer Trainee – 2016-17|
|On-line submission of applications commences||9th January, 2017 at 10: 00 AM|
|Closing of On-line Submission of application||3rd February, 2017 at 5:00 PM|
|Last date for receipt of copy of Acknowledgement. Slip
|3rd March, 2017(10th March, 2017 – for
candidates in North East and far flung areas)