No item in cart
ISRO Recruitment of Scientist/Engineer
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]/Department of Space Centres/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in development of Space Application, Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self- reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, Location based services, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian Space Programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion engine, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion, satellite based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors, lunar & planetary exploration etc.
Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and establish the advanced technical infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in Level 10 of Pay Matrix to the young graduates in the following engineering disciplines :-
BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available). The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test.
2. Age Limit:
35 years as on 05/10/2017. Central Govt Servants, Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders. Meritorious Sportspersons are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
3. How to apply :
The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the ISRO web-site between 15/09/2017 and 05/10/2017. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 15/09/2017 and 05/10/2017. The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
4. IMPORTANT DATES:
Opening date of Online submission of ISRO Application- 15-09-2017
Last date of Online submission of ISRO Application- 05-10-2017
5. All Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-servicemen [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No.,and Post code for future reference.
However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No., and Post code for future reference.
6. In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications by Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates, the last application submitted before the last date for submission of application shall be considered for further processing.
In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications by other candidates including OBC, the application against which the ‘application fee’ has been received within the last date for payment of application fee only will be considered.
7. The candidates who are already employed under Central Govt/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body have to send a ‘No Objection Certificate‘ from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Administrative Officer [ICRB], ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru within seven days of filing the applications on-line by the candidates and in any case not later than 12.10.2017.
8. Selection Process:
BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available). The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 24/12/2017 at twelve venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the second/third week of December 2017. The written test paper consists of 80 objective type questions carrying equal marks. Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process. Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
9. Pay and Allowances:
Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer’SC’ in Level 10 of Pay Matrix and will be paid minimum basic pay of Rs. 56100/- p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the National Pension System. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advance for construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
10. Other Conditions/Instructions:
- Candidates may apply for the post against any of the disciplines mentioned in the drop-down menu (Step 3) of the Application form.
- The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated in the previous paragraphs. The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The number of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO/DOS Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/about-isro/isro-centres
- Candidates may have to work on round the clock shift basis depending on the functional requirements.
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in the on-line application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained).
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification, candidates may refer to the FAQs uploaded in the ISRO website against the advertisement or send their mail to email@example.com
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
11. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complie with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
12. The Answer Keys will be published in the ISRO web-site within three working days of the Written Test. The candidates may raise objections with valid justifications, if any, within 5 days of publishing the answer keys in the web-site, ONLY through the link that shall be provided after the written test. Objections, if any, received thereafter and through any other modes will not be considered under any circumstances.