- Admission to postgraduate programmes with MHRD and other government scholarships/assistantships in pharmacy colleges/institutes is open to those who qualify through GPAT. Candidates who qualify GPAT examination and have Four years Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy are eligible for admission to Master/Doctoral programmes in Pharmacy. To avail the scholarship, the candidate must secure admission to such a postgraduate programme, as per the prevailing procedure of the admitting institution.However, candidates with Master’s degree in Pharmacy may seek admission to relevant Ph.D. programmes with scholarship/assistantship without appearing in the GPAT examination.Some institutions specify GPAT qualification as mandatory even for admission of self-financing students to postgraduate programmes. GPAT qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR/UGC sponsored projects.
GPAT 2013 Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) OR those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are eligible for appearing in GPAT-2013 examination.
- GPAT-2013 Examination would be organized in various locations. GPAT Examination Office reserves the right to add/change/amend the examination cities/centers at any point of time up to the time of actual conduct of examination.
Age limit for GPAT:
- Currently there is no age limit specified by the conducting body.
Benefits after clearing GPAT:
- Most of the colleges demand for a valid GPAT score to be eligible to study for a master’s degree in Pharmacy in their institute. GPAT exam provides a great opportunity for the deserving candidates to gain scholarships\fellowships. If the candidate passes this entrance exam then they will be granted a scholarship when they join for M.Pharm.
For more details regarding syllabus and other information visit:http://www.gpat.in/