No item in cart
Gate : Tips to Ace the Test
A good GATE score is vital for admission into a reputable post graduate programme in engineering and science at the Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NIT) and other reputed engineering colleges in India. This score can also land you a dream job in a revered PSU. Here are a few pointers that will aid in your preparation for the GATE.
9 Tips to Boost Your GATE Score
Here are some tips that you should keep in mind while preparing for the GATE exam:
- Set your aim: Define your goals in terms of the rank you wish to achieve. If you are aspiring for the top IITs or PSUs, then you need a rank of less than 1000 and hence you cannot afford to miss any topic. However, if your goal is to just qualify, then you can dare to skip two or three topics.
- Analyze your current standing: Analyze your initial level of competence and understand your strengths and weaknesses, and based on this, devise your preparation strategy.
- Work on your concepts: The GATE tests basic concepts and their applications. So, build up your foundation or take guidance from a classroom programme or an online tutoring programme.
- Practice: Solve all types of questions through sample papers and previous years’ question papers. The more you practice, the more you gain confidence and skill in the subject of your choice.
- Learn formulae and their applications: Since engineering subjects have a lot of formulae, noting down all the formulae topic-wise and then revising them till they are on the tips of your fingers is the best bet.
- Do not ignore General Ability: GA constitutes 15 percent of the total marks and with little effort you can score well in the section. In fact, skipping it could be dangerous.
- Mock Test Series: Take up a mock test series to adapt to the online pattern and to assess your preparation.
- Prepare your strategy: Approach your areas of strength first and then move on to the time consuming or difficult areas. Allot minimum time per question and skip it if you exceed the limit. Once you are done with the other questions, go back and solve the previously skipped ones.
- Relax before the exam: De-stress before exam by watching your favourite movie, playing your favourite sport or visiting friends or family. Do something that relaxes you and appear for the exam with a fresh mind.
Remember GATE is not the end of the world. The important thing is to prepare well and then give it your best shot. The results will show your effort.
To begin with, it gives me immense pleasure to Thank,Thank the institute THE GATE ACADEMY for all their help and support.Its a place to learn, explore, grow and succeed.Well it helps you brush-up your engineering knowledge and learn new things and clears your concept in such great details
THE GATE Academy questions covered a wide variety of topics and were similar to GATE paper standard. The online platform replicated the actual GATE test environment and the detailed and video solutions were sufficient to clear all doubts regarding the question. Thanks to THE GATE Academy team to provide such wonderful tests & platform.
E Lectures helped me a lot in making a head start in the right direction. It helped whenever I got stuck in any topic. Mock Tests across 50 centers helped me judge my progress both on individual and comparative basis.
In one year’s time, I was able to prepare for GATE exam with the help of THE GATE ACADEMY and faculties. GATE Focused study materials and online mock tests helped me know my strengthen & weakness to prepare accordingly. I wish all the best to all GATE aspirants and suggest them to go through GATE coaching in case the basics are not clear.
I took up mechanical coaching at THE GATE ACADEMY as there is no separate coaching for Engineering Sciences in India and Mechanical and Engineering sciences have more or less common topics.I feared that cracking GATE would be very difficult because I started my preparations very late but the counsellors and teachers guided me
I am Praveen. I got AIR 1 in Instrumentation stream. I want to dedicate this to my parents and to the Gate Academy faculty. Gate Academy coaching helped me tremendously to update myself continuously.I was very impressed with the way they taught each topic in different sessions with separate material for each session.
GATE Success Story
- Our students get all India rank 1, 1, 1, 1, 4 and 4
- More than 142 students in top 100.