No item in cart
GATE Preparation- Why start Early?
GATE aspirants follow different strategies for success, but there is no magic formula guaranteeing GATE exam success. Experts agree that only hard work, planning and starting early, will maximise the chances of success.
A recognizable score in GATE offers a kick start to the career of the student. GATE exam happens in the month of February, i.e. during the last semester (8th) of engineering. Hence, a student will have only six month if he starts preparing in the 4th year of engineering. Most students are baffled as to when they should start preparing for GATE exam. Experts says that 3rd year is the best time to start GATE preparation.
Here are some reasons why you should start GATE preparation in 3rd years-
- Starting early will help you focus on the basic concepts. In first two years of engineering you are new to subjects and you need time to cope up with the concepts. Coming to third year you will be familiar with the engineering concepts and it will be easy for you to understand new concepts. You will have enough time to work on the basics.
- Most of the high scoring subjects in GATE are from 3rd and 4th year of engineering. So if you will start preparing from 3rd year you will get double benefit. Before entering the fourth year you will pared well.
- Preparing in advance will help you to cope up easily with the concepts you will be studying in your final year. This advance preparation prevent you from entering a phase of struggle. You will be confident enough to solve problems related to new subjects wherein other students will be struggling to learn those concepts.
- If you start preparing from 3rd year you will get enough time to gather the best resources to study. You will be able find the best institute, best books and make proper notes. You would not have to take any decision in hurry.
- Most importantly, starting early will give you enough time for revision. In your final year where you also have other important things on your head, you will not have to spend you entire time on GATE preparation. You can spare out time from your time table for revision. All concepts & tricks will be on your finger tips.
Conclusion:- 3rd year is the best time to start your participation. You can join institutes like THE GATE ACADEMY offers 2 years of coaching that help you GATE success. 2 years coaching will bag you a good rank in GATE.
I am Praveen. I got AIR 1 in Instrumentation stream. I want to dedicate this to my parents and to the Gate Academy faculty. Gate Academy coaching helped me tremendously to update myself continuously.I was very impressed with the way they taught each topic in different sessions with separate material for each session.
To begin with, it gives me immense pleasure to Thank,Thank the institute THE GATE ACADEMY for all their help and support.Its a place to learn, explore, grow and succeed.Well it helps you brush-up your engineering knowledge and learn new things and clears your concept in such great details
THE GATE Academy questions covered a wide variety of topics and were similar to GATE paper standard. The online platform replicated the actual GATE test environment and the detailed and video solutions were sufficient to clear all doubts regarding the question. Thanks to THE GATE Academy team to provide such wonderful tests & platform.
In one year’s time, I was able to prepare for GATE exam with the help of THE GATE ACADEMY and faculties. GATE Focused study materials and online mock tests helped me know my strengthen & weakness to prepare accordingly. I wish all the best to all GATE aspirants and suggest them to go through GATE coaching in case the basics are not clear.
E Lectures helped me a lot in making a head start in the right direction. It helped whenever I got stuck in any topic. Mock Tests across 50 centers helped me judge my progress both on individual and comparative basis.
I took up mechanical coaching at THE GATE ACADEMY as there is no separate coaching for Engineering Sciences in India and Mechanical and Engineering sciences have more or less common topics.I feared that cracking GATE would be very difficult because I started my preparations very late but the counsellors and teachers guided me
GATE Success Story
- Our students get all India rank 1, 1, 1, 1, 4 and 4
- More than 142 students in top 100.