GATE aspirants should first check whether they meet with the GATE eligibility criteria. Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for the GATE Exam 2015.
Before starting the application process, the candidate must:
1. Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (given below) of GATE Exam 2015.
2. Determine the GATE paper you wish to appear for. A candidate is allowed to appear in ONLY ONE paper.
3. Choose the City of choice to appear for the examination:There are two primary choices and one secondary choice. If you choose a particular city as your first choice, then the corresponding zone to which this city belongs will appear, and you will be able to choose another city as your second choice only from this zone. These choices will be your primary choices in a specific zone. However, a third choice has also been introduced in GATE 2015, which is your secondary choice. The list of 3rd choice cities will be as specified by each zone and this will be used only when your cities of primary choice are not available. However, because of operational constraints, the GATE committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any of the choices of a candidate.
The categories of candidates eligible to appear for GATE Exam 2015 are given in Table below.
|Qualifying Degree (Short)||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of qualification cannot be later than||Copies of Certificates to be submitted|
|Passed in the year 2014 or earlier||Expected to complete in 2015 or later|
|B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy (Post-Diploma/ Post B.Sc./4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2015||Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate||Certificate from Principal|
|B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2015||Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate||Certificate from Principal (See below)|
|M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2015||Degree Certificate/
to Masters degree)
|Certificate from Principal (See below)|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Four year programme)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2017||Degree
|Certificate from Principal (See below)|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Five year
|Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2016||Degree
|Certificate from Principal|
|Int. M. Sc/
|Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2015||Degree Certificate / Provisional Certificate / Course Completion Certificate||Certificate from Principal|
|B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g. AMIE by
Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
|Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA||Professional
Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/
|Copy of Mark sheet
NOTE: If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then the candidate can select the relevant minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
Candidates who have to submit a certificate from their college Principal, as determined from the above table, have to obtain a signature from their Principal/HOD along with the seal on the “Certificate from the Principal” format that will be printed on the application PDF file which is generated after completion of the online application submission.
Candidates who have appeared in the final semester/year exam in 2013, but with a backlog (arrears/failed subjects) in any of the papers in their qualifying degree should
1. submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year,
2. have to obtain a signature from their Principal/HOD along with the seal on the “Certificate from the Principal” format that will be printed on the application PDF file which will be generated after completion of the online application submission.
— Source- IIT Kanpur
Founded by alumni of IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), THE GATE ACADEMY offers comprehensive and rigorous coaching for the GATE exam. We provide student-centered guidance, focusing on the strengths and weaknesses of each student. We have a proven track record of GATE toppers from our institute.