No item in cart
GATE aspirants should first check whether they meet with the GATE eligibility criteria. Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for the GATE Exam.
Before starting the application process, the candidate must:
1. Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (given below) of GATE Exam.
2. Determine the GATE paper you wish to appear for. A candidate is allowed to appear in ONLY ONE paper.
3. Choose the City of choice to appear for the examination:There are two primary choices and one secondary choice. If you choose a particular city as your first choice, then the corresponding zone to which this city belongs will appear, and you will be able to choose another city as your second choice only from this zone. These choices will be your primary choices in a specific zone. However, a third choice has also been introduced in GATE, which is your secondary choice. The list of 3rd choice cities will be as specified by each zone and this will be used only when your cities of primary choice are not available. However, because of operational constraints, the GATE committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any of the choices of a candidate.
The categories of candidates eligible to appear for GATE Exam are given in Table below.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for GATE
|Qualifying Degree (Short)||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of qualification cannot be later than||Copies of Certificates to be submitted|
|Passed in the year 2016 or earlier||Expected to complete in 2016 or later|
|B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy (Post-Diploma/ Post B.Sc./4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016||Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate||Certificate from Principal|
|B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016||Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate||Certificate from Principal (See below)|
|M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016||Degree Certificate/
to Masters degree)
|Certificate from Principal (See below)|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Four year programme)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2017||Degree
|Certificate from Principal (See below)|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Five year
|Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2016||Degree
|Certificate from Principal|
|Int. M. Sc/
|Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016||Degree Certificate / Provisional Certificate / Course Completion Certificate||Certificate from Principal|
|B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g. AMIE by
Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
|Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA||Professional
Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/
|Copy of Mark sheet
NOTE: If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then the candidate can select the relevant minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
Certificate from Principal
Candidates who have to submit a certificate from their college Principal, as determined from the above table, have to obtain a signature from their Principal/HOD along with the seal on the “Certificate from the Principal” format that will be printed on the application PDF file which is generated after completion of the online application submission.
Candidates with backlogs
Candidates who have appeared in the final semester/year exam in 2013, but with a backlog (arrears/failed subjects) in any of the papers in their qualifying degree should
1. submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year,
2. have to obtain a signature from their Principal/HOD along with the seal on the “Certificate from the Principal” format that will be printed on the application PDF file which will be generated after completion of the online application submission.
— Source- IIT Kanpur
THE GATE ACADEMY:
Founded by alumni of IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), THE GATE ACADEMY offers comprehensive and rigorous coaching for the GATE exam. We provide student-centered guidance, focusing on the strengths and weaknesses of each student. We have a proven track record of GATE toppers from our institute.
I am Praveen. I got AIR 1 in Instrumentation stream. I want to dedicate this to my parents and to the Gate Academy faculty. Gate Academy coaching helped me tremendously to update myself continuously.I was very impressed with the way they taught each topic in different sessions with separate material for each session.
E Lectures helped me a lot in making a head start in the right direction. It helped whenever I got stuck in any topic. Mock Tests across 50 centers helped me judge my progress both on individual and comparative basis.
In one year’s time, I was able to prepare for GATE exam with the help of THE GATE ACADEMY and faculties. GATE Focused study materials and online mock tests helped me know my strengthen & weakness to prepare accordingly. I wish all the best to all GATE aspirants and suggest them to go through GATE coaching in case the basics are not clear.
THE GATE Academy questions covered a wide variety of topics and were similar to GATE paper standard. The online platform replicated the actual GATE test environment and the detailed and video solutions were sufficient to clear all doubts regarding the question. Thanks to THE GATE Academy team to provide such wonderful tests & platform.
I took up mechanical coaching at THE GATE ACADEMY as there is no separate coaching for Engineering Sciences in India and Mechanical and Engineering sciences have more or less common topics.I feared that cracking GATE would be very difficult because I started my preparations very late but the counsellors and teachers guided me
To begin with, it gives me immense pleasure to Thank,Thank the institute THE GATE ACADEMY for all their help and support.Its a place to learn, explore, grow and succeed.Well it helps you brush-up your engineering knowledge and learn new things and clears your concept in such great details
GATE Success Story
- Our students get all India rank 1, 1, 1, 1, 4 and 4
- More than 142 students in top 100.