GATE 2014 Notification
GATE 2014 Notification & Important Dates
|GATE Online Application Processing System (website) Opens
||2nd Sep 2013
|Last Date for Enrolment (after this only enrolled candidates can fill the application)
||1st Oct 2013
|Last date for Submission of Online Application (website closure)
||3rd October 2013
|Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office
||10th October 2013
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City
||20th Nov 2013
|Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing
||1st Jan 2014
|GATE 2014 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
|Saturdays and Sundays
||Between 1st February and 2nd March 2014
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website
||28th March 2014(10:00 Hrs)
New in GATE 2014
- A new paper “Ecology and Evolution” is introduced in GATE 2014.
- Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2014 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- Application Fee has been revised as shown below:
|Male Candidates (General/OBC)
|Women Candidates of any category
|Other Candidates (General/OBC)
|SC / ST / PwD* Category Candidates
Changes in GATE 2013 that will continue to remain in force for GATE 2014
- Application Process: For GATE 2014, as in GATE 2013, all candidates’ related information will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode only by accessing any of the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs. Candidates must upload his/her photograph and signature during online application. The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photograph affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE offices along with necessary documents, if any, on or before 10thOctober 2013. Please note that application forms are not available for sale anywhere else.
- Downloadable Admit Card:Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post. Admit cards can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites. The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. It may be noted that one of the following photo identifications is ONLY permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. The details of this ID proof have to be given while filling the online application.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The question paper for GATE 2014 will consist of questions of multiple-choice type and questions of numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, candidates have to choose the answer from the given choices. For numerical answer type questions, choices will not be given. Candidates have to enter a number as the answer using a virtual keypad.
Candidate have to apply only ONLINE
- Rs. 1500/- for General/OBC male candidates
- Rs. 750/- for women candidates
- Rs. 1500/- for General/OBC other candidates
- Rs. 750/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates
The application fee can be paid either online or through a bank challan via SBII or Syndicate Bank
The application is non-refundable.
- Bachlor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy(Post-Diploma/Post-B.Sc/ 4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Candidates in the final year of the Four-year Bachlor’s degree program in Science (B.S.) (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree program (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering / Technology
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of the Five-year Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology
- Candidates in the final year of the Five-year Integrated B.S.-M.S. program
- Candidates with qualification obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(l),AMICE(l), by ICE(l) as equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
How to Apply
To apply ONLINE CLICK HERE. For more details of regarding Last DATE & ELIGIBILITY CLICK HERE Or obtained by accessing any IISc/IIT websites, links are given below.
Source: http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/, http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/poster2014.pdf