What’s New About GATE 2015?
- The entire process of filling up application forms, as well as uploading certificates and documents can only be done online. The zonal offices no longer accept hard copies.
- Application fees also need to be paid online via net banking, debit card, credit card or e-challan. Cheques and demand drafts will not be accepted or acknowledged.
- The GATE exam pattern for all 22 papers will be an online Computer Based Test (CBT), just like in 2014.
- In 2015, the candidates can answer numerical questions only using a virtual calculator. The use of physical calculators will not be encouraged.
- All other questions, apart from numerical questions, will be in the form of multiple choice.
- The most important notification is that the GATE score will be valid for a period of three years from the date of the announcement of results.
The admit cards for the examination will be available only through the online portal, from where they can be downloaded. No hard copies will be posted to the candidates.
GATE 2015 will be organised and conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The examination sessions will be held on each Saturday and Sunday, starting from January 31, 2015 right up to February 14, 2015.
Features of the GATE Exam