Things to Know About 2014 GATE Eligibility
criteria for 2014.
GATE Eligibility for 2014
The following categories of candidates can appear for the GATE 2014 exam.
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch – Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post-Diploma) are eligible. Those who are in the 4th year of these exams can also apply.
- MSc./M.A./MCA equivalent – Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes also meet GATE eligibility.
- Int. M.E./M.Tech or DD (after 10+2 or Diploma) – Those who have completed Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme) are eligible. Final year students of these programs can also apply for GATE 2014.
- Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post BSc) – Candidates who have completed Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year programme), and those who are in the 2nd/3rd/4th year of these programs are eligible for the exam. These candidates must complete the program by 2015.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch) – Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (For example, AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech can apply for GATE 2014 as well. Even those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses can are also eligible.
However, pre-final year students and diploma holders in engineering are not eligible to appear for GATE 2014.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India competitive examination, administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
If you are planning to appear for GATE 2014, you should first know certain things about the GATE exam and GATE eligibility. The examination primarily aims to test an applicant’s knowledge of the basics. While the exam is of 100 marks, the final score does not depend only on the marks obtained in the exam. When calculating the final score, the board takes into account several other factors, such as marks obtained by you in that particular paper throughout graduation and/or post-graduation, and average marks of top 10 or top 0.1 percent candidates in that paper in GATE. In this post, we will take a closer look at the