Load Life Relationship of Rolling Contact Bearing | Machine Design | ME

Real Life Application Whenever we purchase a bearing, expected life is given by the manufacturer for a particular value of load but we need to know the expected life of the bearing for the load it is going to experience in that application. The load life relationship serves this purpose. Explanation To find out the expected life of group of bearings we can’t just test a single bearing from the lot and give that answer as the life for remaining bearings. We have to test all the bearings for a particular load at the same time and wait till 10% bearings fail. That life is the expected life for those remaining 90% bearings for that particular load. That is why it is called as expected life or rating life. More is the load less will be the life of the bearing so, from this the load life relation gets derived.
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.